1. It’s been too long since I did this thinking out loud thing…
2. Being an adult is hard.
3. But it has it’s perks, like taking impromptu road trips with my bestie and her dog where we slept in her car in a Walmart parking lot, drove to a beach, and got burgers and wine/cider before making the trek back home.
4. It also means I can just bring home a cat from the shelter whenever I feel like it, like this fluffy baby who is finally getting used to her new home and has quite a lot of energy.
I named her Luna, which was completely unintentional. She was named Moon and I decided Luna sounded nicer, then I remembered Luna Lovegood, and then I remembered the black cat from Sailor Moon is also named Luna so, ta-da. She’s my multi-fandom cat.
5. But, being an adult also means that you can’t just break down and cry while you’re working when a customer tells you that Alan Rickman has died. I knew his work in Sense and Sensibility, Love Actually, Galaxy Quest, Alice in Wonderland, Sweeney Todd, and of course Harry Potter. Since I watch Love Actually about 5 times every holiday season and marathon Harry Potter at least twice a year, and Galaxy Quest was a weird favorite of young Jade’s, I took the news fairly hard. Thanks, 2016, not even halfway into January and we love David Bowie and Alan Rickman. Rest in peace great ones.
6. On a lighter note, being an adult also means you have the freedom to chase your dreams. Which is why I work part time as a barista now, and the rest of the time I’m dedicating to blogging, vlogging, and writing my books. I’m 22. I am young but I can’t let that be an excuse to put off doing what I want. So expect more blogs, vlogs, road trips to fun places, and me probably living off of frozen fruits and veggies cause they’re cheap and I’m poor.
I think that’s where I’m gonna leave it today. Planning a vlog for tomorrow and a more thorough video introducing Luna to the internet. Later friends!