Thursdays are for thinking out loud!
1. I am going on a road trip to Disneyland in 4 days! I have to go to school immediately following, but let’s not think about that!
2. Not only am I just going to Disneyland, but we are going for the fall Dapper Day soiree!
Which means we get to dress up all fancy like it’s 1955, or some other decade of the past when people dressed fancy to go places. I’ve got my dress, my shoes, my makeup, and currently my hair is in pin curls for practice round 2.
3. But that isn’t until Friday the 18th, and we are leaving on Monday so there will be almost an entire week of just adventure. I’ve never gone on a road trip without my parents, and usually then it was because we were moving and not really doing anything super fun. So this is going to be an adventure.
4. This year is Disneyland’s 60th anniversary so it’s all decked out with diamonds and prettiness.
5. But the Halloween season also starts tomorrow which means all kinds of orange, yellow, pumpkin, spooky goodness! I think it’s the perfect way to end my summer vacation by going to Disneyland that’s all decked out for fall and Halloween.
6. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, and fall is my favorite season, and Disneyland is my favorite place, and I love the idea of the past so this vacation is going to be amazing! And kind of unrelated, I am kind of planning on being Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas for Halloween this year.
7. We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel, which I haven’t stayed in since I was probably 8 or 9. And it’s been renovated since then, and who really remembers anything from when they were 8 or 9? I know that staying off property is cheaper, but in my opinion, if you’re going to Disney, you have to stay on property. You get some cool benefits from doing that, too, like early entrance to the parks every day of your stay, and they can deliver your in park purchases to your hotel room so you don’t have to carry your bags all day.
8. Believe it or not, but I actually have no plans to work for Disney despite my ridiculous extensive knowledge.
9. So, basically right now my life is just waiting the last few days before I get to go on my vacation and trying not to go crazy.