Thank goodness it’s Thursday! Time for thinking out loud.
1. If you are friends with me on snapchat (ajamontana) then you got a lot of snap stories last night because I started watching Agent Carter, I attempted to curl my stupidly short hair, and the pull chain for the light in our closet broke when I turned it on. It was pretty eventful. My hair did not turn out like I’d hoped. I don’t know what I was thinking. My hair is too short to do things with still.
2. My hair needs to grow faster.
before and after. I guess it’s longer, but I got it cut in August and now it’s January and it needs to be longer.
3. I need to get back into baking. I used to do it all the time, but that was also when I was jobless and in high school.
This picture is from this post back in 2011 and I’m pretty sure I used the peanut butter cookie recipe from chocolatecoveredkatie.com. But I really haven’t done much baking since then other than at Christmas time.
4. I’m really getting into my writing and feeling confident about it again which isn’t something I’ve felt in a long time. I think it’s because I’m taking writing classes again and am finally almost done with my first screenplay. I’m also really enjoying my new workout schedule. It’s got a lot more cardio in it. I actually like cardio. Not like running forever cardio, but sprinting intervals and Zumba is nice.
5. I am ready for spring cleaning. So much stuff in our apartment is going away in the spring it’s not even funny.
6. There is currently a cat fight happening outside. With actual cats, not people. I want a cat…
7. I’m getting hungry and I should probably have a snack but the calorie count on my fitbit is confusing me about just how much I actually can eat. I’m thinking I should probably just eat whatever I want because I’m still alive and definitely healthier than I was five years ago. A fitbit also doesn’t take into account your heart rate when it calculates calorie burn during exercise, so it’s definitely off there. I still love it, though.
8. The Actor got cast in the Radio Drama my university puts on every year. You can go watch them in the theater on stage with old-timey microphones and costumes and a person that does the sound effects in the back or you can listen to it live on the radio, but it’s so much more fun to see in person. I might listen to it live on the radio on a night that I don’t go see it. That would be a fun experience. Maybe I’ll bake then. I’ll put on this absurd dress to be wearing for being inside and wear pearls and an apron and cook and clean… maybe just the dress and I’ll lounge on the couch.
9. I’ve been pretty on top of things homework wise this quarter so far, but I’m already ready to be done with it. I think it’s just cause I want to graduate so badly and move. College is great, but it isn’t for everyone and it wasn’t for me. I like learning, but not when it’s for a grade.
10. Mostly, though, I just want to go to Disneyland. The Actor and I are going to drive down in September for a visit and also so we’ll have done the drive to SoCal since we’ll be doing it in December/January after we both graduate. A year goes by quick. I hope this one goes by extra quick.
I think I was born a California girl at heart.
What are your Thursday thoughts?