Between classes and trying to get my NaNo on I found myself in a perplexed state and unable to completely comprehend the fact that today was November 1st. One of my neighbors has already put up Christmas lights in their window, which makes some sense because we’re home the entire month of December. Halloween ended for me very calmly. I watched Key & Peele, the Daily Show, and Colbert Report before promptly falling asleep and dreaming strange dreams related to the election (hurry up and end already!). The Actor and I went to the gym for an hour before lunch and my classes which I almost fell asleep in. I guess that’s why I usually work out in the evenings, I drained all of my energy working out. Now I’m writing this before I go work on my novel for NaNoWriMo. I don’t know if I’ll be able to make it this year. I just learned today that I have a research paper to write for my History in the Concrete class, but it’s on our panel presentation (and I got to do the 1920s!) so that shouldn’t be too hard, and a project in Math 101H. I have two presentations on the same day on the 29th, and something like 4-5 papers to write this month. Yeah, not excited. I’m going to try my best, though.
I also have my wedding to plan! I drew this in class and then ran it through photoshop (I wish I had illustrator) and made it look all pretty. I’m actually quite proud of it.
The Actor gave me Kimbra’s album “Vows” for my birthday and I had previously only heard “Cameo Lover”, “Come Into My Head”, and “Settle Down” but this one is definitely a favorite. She’s awesome and I so wish I could have seen her when she came to Seattle.
Well, since it’s November it’s time for some new goals!
1. Get through NaNoWriMo! I mean, obviously.
2. Pass all of my papers and presentations. Shouldn’t be too difficult.
3. No processed/junk food until Thanksgiving.
4. 3 days a week do 1 hour of cardio on top of Pilates/weight training.
5. Hang out with people more. I am doing better with this but since I’ve got so much going on I need to make sure I make time for being social and fun.
6. Stop obsessing about my body. I need to focus on exercising for my health, not to look good, albeit looking good is important to me.
I hope that you all have a spectacular November (which I always accidentally type “Novemeber”). I was greeted with a bright blue sky today which made me happy. Back home once it starts raining and getting cloudy it just stays that way until June so it’s nice to see the sky and sun more often.