The wonderful lady over at Recovering Anorexic nominated me for the Reader Appreciation Award. Awards are always fun, and today it is especially appreciated to know I am appreciated because the rest of the people I had to deal with today did not care at all that I was doing their group project for them. Anyway, this wonderful blogger is like an older version of me by like, 6 or 8 years or whatever. We are alike in so many ways it’s astonishing! I remember finding her blog when I first started recovery and had no idea what that meant or how to go about approaching it and I’ve enjoyed getting to know her through her work and reading all of her stories. I guess I’ll move onto the award now!
What much be done: 1. Include the award logo somewhere in your blog. 2. Answer these 10 questions, below, for fun if you want to. 3. Nominate 10 to 12 blogs you enjoy. Or you pick the number. 4. Pay the love forward: Provide your nominee’s link in your post and comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been included and invited to participate. 5. Pay the love back with gratitude and a link to the blogger(s) who nominated you.
1. What is your favorite colour?
2. What is your favorite animal?
Cats. I love dogs, too, but every time I see a cat walking around a neighborhood I stop whatever I’m doing to shout, “Kitty!” like Dug from UP.
3. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
Well, I can’t drink so I don’t have a favorite alcoholic drink, which makes the wording of this question awkward/irrelevant. I love water, but if I had to pick something special probably a strawberry Freshens smoothie. They sell them on campus at my U. So excited.
4. Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter?
Facebook. I have a Twitter that I use sometimes but I created it for this blog and Facebook is just more fun. You can’t stalk people as effectively on Twitter.
5. What is your favorite pattern?
Definitely not paisley. What the heck is that?
6. Do you prefer giving or getting presents?
I do enjoy getting presents. Who doesn’t? I don’t like all the anxiety involved in figuring out something to get people. Even people I’m really close with I have no idea what to get for them. But I do enjoy it when I know I’ve gotten them something they will really like.
7. What is your favorite number?
15. 15 was a good year for me. A lot of nice things happened. And it’s a nice number.
8. What is your favorite day of the week?
Who doesn’t love Friday?
9. What is your favorite flower?
I’ve never thought about having a favorite flower. I love the roses and tulips that grow in our “garden” but as for a favorite I don’t really know. I remember liking carnations a lot as a kid.
10. What’s your passion?
Writing, dancing, pilates, other than sitting on the computer for an entire day doing nothing and being lazy in my PJs.
Nomination time! The following are blogs I have enjoyed for a really long time.
1. What I Meant 2 Say This woman is absolutely hilarious and I love reading all of her stories. She always makes me laugh and I hear she is looking for more followers to meet some goal of some kind.
2. Health Freak College Girl I don’t remember when I started reading her blog, but she always amazes me with all of the races she does. She has kicked some butt in recovery and is just awesome. I wish I could have her drive.
3. Almost Veg Girlie I love reading this girl’s posts. She is awesome and has taken some huge strides in her recovery. She is incredible and always has delicious treats to stare at and make you wish your computer screen would let you take food out of it.
4. Kabocha Fashionista has made some awesome strides in overcoming her ED and has gotten to an amazing point in her life. Her posts are always very interesting and filled with awesome recaps of her weekends and such.
5. This Fit Chick back when she was blogging at Moves ‘n’ Munchies we got to know each other a little bit and she often wrote about her own recovery, but received a lot of ridicule and criticism and cyber-bullying which caused her to change her blog to what it is now. But it’s still awesome and no matter where she blogs she’ll always be a strong and wonderful young lady!
I obviously need to read more blogs, but these are 5 of my faves, along with Recovering Anorexic, but I don’t think I can nominate her for the award again.